Friday 7 October 2011

This is (nearly) Hallowe'en...

I like October. It's still warm and light enough to do the occasional outside thing, the falling leaves look pretty, you can legitimately start thinking about woolly socks and hats and it includes Hallowe'en and Bonfire Night.


I love Hallowe'en. I know the current incarnation is a bit of an American import and there's a very good argument that it's all pretty much invented... but I like the excuse to dress up, have a party and drink strange coloured drinks without having to think about buying presents and visiting distant aunts.


Plus, The Nightmare before Christmas is one of my favourite films, and any excuse to recreate it in my sitting room is very welcome.


Which also means I spent far too long drawing a pretty Hallowe'en party invitation...



Some details from the original...




This weekend I'm off to the Renegade Craft Fair, on in London for the first time. There are going to be so many interesting arty/crafty people there, I'm really looking forward to it... and it's free!





No comments:

Post a Comment