Monday 23 May 2011

I do like to be beside the... South Bank.

This weekend I seemed to be mostly at the South Bank. I went to see The Cherry Orchard at the National Theatre on Saturday (good, long, bit bleak) and spotted the things happening around the South Bank Centre as part of the celebrations for the 60th anniversary of the Festival of Britain. So we went back on Sunday. There are events scheduled all summer (details here) but this weekend there were people doing a scrap-heap challenge with pianos in the Festival Hall, an urban beach, a parade of customised beach huts, record-breaking bunting, and a 'real food' market. And lots of other things.








I'm looking forward to the vintage weekend at the end of July.


The cat and I also did some gardening. The lovely people at Abel and Cole were giving away sunflower seeds which I managed to germinate on my window sill, so they're now in pots in the garden and I'm determinedly optimistic I'll get them as tall as the house. At least.




There was also, finally, baking. (I got my oven back! It's not the safest set-up, but it's working...) Details to follow...







No comments:

Post a Comment