Friday 29 July 2011

Started so I'll finish?

I love living in London; it's a beautiful city. I wish I could draw it, but I'm never happy with my attempts. The buildings I see everyday, out of my office windows, are inspiring and frustrating in equal measure as I constantly play with ideas but then decide I'm not happy with them.


Pen sketch

Pen with watercolour

Pencil, distorted perspective

Pen onto a street map fragment


I'm not going to give up though. I guess being at all creative is a process; you don't just decide to make something lovely and - tada! - it's done. So I'm trying to learn to enjoy the getting there, rather than trying to guess where I'll end up.


I've also been playing with fabric flowers, after my workshop at the weekend. These are a lot better for immediate gratification! My weekend-project is a headpiece for my sister, who's going to a wedding next week. Fingers crossed I'll get it finished!



No comments:

Post a Comment