Friday 16 March 2012

Week Word: Surprise

Emma chose our word for this week, and it's 'surprise'.


Spring always seems to come as a surprise, even though I'm sure it's turned up every year since the ice age or thereabouts. It just seems so unlikely, when everything's grey and miserable, that we can have lovely warm days, and growing things, and not have to wear coats. 


It's even more of a surprise when you're living in a new house; waiting to see what plants will pop up in the garden. So far we've had snowdrops and pansies, and I think there are some daffodils in waiting...




Go and visit Emma for some more surprises.

1 comment:

  1. Lovely post, and I too always find spring takes me by surprise (despite working outdoors all year!). Currently my garden is full of miniature daffodils all nodding their cheery yellow heads, absolute bliss!

    ReplyDelete