Friday 22 June 2012

Week Word: Treat

I chose this week's word, and went for 'treat'.


It was Nick's birthday last weekend, so I made him a chocolate cake. On further thought, I'm not sure it really counts as I think treats are supposed to be a bit out of the ordinary and we do eat quite a lot of cake...


However, he got to chose what sort of cake it was and it didn't contain any stealth vegetables. Apparently that made it a treat.




It was Nigella's Devil's Food Cake which I find is a really useful store-cupboard recipe. (As opposed to the ones she thinks are. Her store-cupboards and mine are clearly very different.) But with chocolate butter cream rather than the frosting she uses as Nick is physically incapable of eating too much butter, and as another birthday treat I promised not to mention cholesterol for a few hours.


Go and visit Foxy Bakes and The Gift Shed for other Friday treats. And I'm going to tag Emma to choose next week's word.

4 comments:

  1. That looks waaaay too rich for me, I think I'll stick with the chocolate Guinness cake instead ;)

    Best get my thinking cap on for Monday...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah yes, chocolate Guinness cake, the famously light option ;)

      Delete
  2. You obviously have the same IKEA cake stand that I do! (...there is no such thing as a household with too much cake.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well recognised! It's a very good cake stand, although we realised at the weekend that if you leave it in front of a window it turns into a cake-melting green house...

      Delete