Friday 20 July 2012

Week Word: Goodbye

Emily chose this week's word, Goodbye, so go and visit her to see who else is playing this week.

All my immediate associations with this word were pretty downbeat and negative... it's quite hard to think of a positive spin to put on a goodbye. Even if you're leaving something bad behind or moving on to something better, there's still the acknowledgement of the bad thing in the goodbye to it.

So instead I thought about things we say goodbye to. Or rather, don't...


These are my favourite ballet pumps. I bought them many years ago (2005/6?) at Waterloo on the way to a funeral I'd only just heard about (there's another, not so positive, goodbye for you) as I'd gone to work that day in funeral-inappropriate shoes. I'd never have bought them otherwise, as I don't really like gold, even old, silvery gold like this.

But it turns out they go with everything! So I have worn them to death. Quite literally, I realised the other day. The soles are almost worn through and there are patches that aren't even slightly gold any more. I'm going to have to say goodbye to them pretty soon, but I reckon I can get a couple more wears out of them first...

No comments:

Post a Comment