Wednesday 18 April 2012

New Things News

Simultaneously exciting and scary news: I've just started an illustration course at St Martins. A bit like the screen printing workshop I did last year, I was convinced it would all be over my head and full of terrifyingly artistic and talented people and I'd feel like I was in one of those dreams where you find yourself in a class where you've got no idea what's going on and everyone's talking nonsense, but very cleverly.


But, of course, it wasn't like that. People were friendly and there were lots of different levels of ability and no one laughed at me.


Like the first day of any course anywhere in the world, last night was mostly being enrolled and being talked at rather than doing much. But I think I'm going to like it. And we did all have to draw a thirty-second-don't-take-your-pencil-off-the-paper portrait of the person sitting next to us...




Clearly room for improvement.


In other news, now that Instagram is available on Android, I have jumped on the bandwagon with both feet. 





I'm timballoo, if anyone wants to follow me?

2 comments:

  1. Love those Instagram shots and am a wee bit jealous as the app won't work with my HTC Wildfire. Grrr.

    Well done on starting a new course, you're very brave. I've signed up for a one day (well, evening) course on gocco printing later this year and I'm already really nervous. I've not been to a class in about ten years!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a nuisance... or an excuse for a new phone?!

    I signed up for it ages ago and then forgot about being scared until the day before. And I'm sure you'll be fine - these things are never as scary as we think they'll be!

    ReplyDelete