Sunday 29 April 2012

Sunday Sketchblog #11

This week's sketch is from my initial doodle-ideas for our first project on my illustration course.


We were given the starting point 'sometimes it's good to lie', and I was thinking about the devil being referred to as the prince of lies* and the phrase 'the road to hell is paved with good intentions'. Are those good intentions sometimes the lies we tell ourselves?




I think my devil was also inspired a bit by the Master in Bulgakov's The Master and Margarita? It certainly looks a bit how I imagined him. (Amazing book, and equally impressive adaptation currently on at the Barbican if you can beg/steal/borrow a ticket.)


Go and see if Emma's been sketching this week, and don't forget about the Crafty Photo Scavenger Hunt! I'll be posting my pictures on Monday and doing a round up of my favourites later in the week.


*Also a Buffy character, I've just remembered...

No comments:

Post a Comment